Dear Figurative ARTISTS!!
Here is the final notification regarding your attendance and art submissions for Art Walk.
Dates: September 6 and 7, 2014
Location: Lake Country
Setup: Friday, Sept. 5 (5:00 p.m.) (Drop off art 6:30 p.m.)
Lake Down: Sunday, Sept. 7 (5:00 p.m.)
George Elliot High School
Theme: “A Step Forward”
We will be notified of our location and square footage by mid August.We are also having the live models present to do the drawing sessions on the steps to the theatre. Be sure to bring your drawing materials to draw. We will also be providing supplies for attendees.
1. Admission Cost for the Show: $30.00 flat fee whether you bring one piece or 3. If you wish to submit up to 5 more pieces it will be $5 per piece depending on how much space we have. We may be able to use some easels for the big pieces.Money can be paid when you drop the work off at the school.Please bring exact change or a cheque payable to Livessence.This fee covers the costs for Livessence to participate in Art Walk. Your work must be dropped off at 6:30 on Friday and picked up at the school on Sunday at 5:00.
2. Deadline for Submissions are August 15. Please send me an e-mail with the details of your name, title, size, medium, and price. Art Walk is making all the labels this year.
3. Art submitted must be ready to hang, labeled on the back with the piece’s name and your name, wired and finished edges or framed
4. All sales are subject to 10% paid to Art Walk. This is deducted from your take home revenue and you will get a cheque from Art Walk in about 2 weeks after the show. Livessence is not getting any proceeds this year.
5. Set-up: Friday, Sept. 5 at 5:00 p.m., drop off art at 6:30
6. Take Down: Sunday, Sept. 7 at 5:00 p.m.
7. We will require volunteers to help set up, take down, host the gallery, host the drawing sessions and draw the models. Every person participating is required to volunteer for one or more of the shifts.
Shifts are as follows:
Friday Set Up: 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Sat.: Gallery Host, Host Drawing Session and Draw:
10 – noon
noon to 2 p.m.
2 – 5 p.m.
Sunday: Gallery Host, Host Drawing Session and Draw
10 – noon
noon – 2 p.m.
2 – 5 p.m.
Take Down: 5 p.m.
I look forward to getting your submissions
by responding to this address or to my personal email: email@example.com
It should be a great show, hope to see you all there!!
Thanks and if you have any questions please contact me at:
I look forward to meeting and working with you all!!!
If any of you have a piece of works that suits the Theme “A Step Forward” you can take it to the Lake Country Gallery to be juried into the show. It has to be at the Gallery no later than August 29. It will hang in the gallery until Oct.15.
Exhibition Chairperson 2013